When your kitchen sink or dishwasher gets clogged, it can cause various issues. Drain cleaning services are essential to keep your kitchen running smoothly. But what are these services? Drain cleaning services are like superheroes to your kitchen drain! They specialize in unclogging those pesky blockages that can cause your kitchen sink or dishwasher to back up.
While minor clogs can be solved with DIY methods, there are certain instances when it’s best to call a professional plumber. Professionals in this field use various methods, including snaking and hydrojetting, to bust through the grime and get your water flowing smoothly again. And the best part? They can provide preventative maintenance tips and techniques. In this blog, we will talk about when to call a plumber if your kitchen sink is clogged.
How to Unclog a Dishwasher Drain?
Dishwashers are a staple in most kitchens. They save us time and energy by doing the dirty work of washing our dishes. However, they may sometimes experience issues like slow draining or completely clogged. Here are some of the steps you can follow to unclog your dishwasher:
- Disconnect the dishwasher from the power source.
- Remove the bottom rack of the dishwasher.
- Locate the drain filter and remove it.
- Clean the drain filter with soap and water.
- Replace the drain filter and screw it back into place.
- Reconnect the dishwasher to the power source and run a cycle.
When to Call a Plumber?
You should call a plumber for a dishwasher drain if:
- You have tried the above steps, and the drain is still clogged.
- The dishwasher drain is clogged with grease or other debris that is difficult to remove.
- The dishwasher drain is leaking.
- You have a water softener, and the dishwasher drain is clogged with hard water deposits.
How to Unclog a Kitchen Sink Drain?
A clogged kitchen sink drain is a common household issue. If you are wondering how to unclog a kitchen drain, here’s a simple guide to unclogging it:
- Remove any standing water from the sink with a cup or bowl.
- Pour one cup of baking soda down the drain.
- Pour one cup of white vinegar down the drain.
- Cover the drain opening with a stopper or rag.
- Let the mixture sit in the drain for 30 minutes.
- Flush the drain with hot water.
When to Call a Plumber?
You should call a plumber if:
- The sink drain is clogged with grease or other debris that is difficult to remove.
- The sink drain is leaking.
- You have a garbage disposal, and the sink drain is clogged with food particles.
Other Areas of the House That Might Need Drain Cleaning Services
While we’ve focused on kitchen drains in this article, it’s essential to be aware of other areas of your home that may require drain cleaning services. These include:
- Shower Drains: Over time, hair and soap scum can cause shower drains to clog.
- Bathtub Drains: Similar to shower drains, bathtubs can experience clogs from soap residue and debris.
- Toilet Drains: Clogs in toilet drains are a common plumbing issue, often requiring professional assistance.
- Basement Drains: Basements may have floor drains that can become clogged with dirt and debris.
Get The Help of Professionals!
Maintaining clear and functional drains in your kitchen is crucial for a smoothly running household. While you can try some DIY methods to unclog the dishwasher and sink drains, which can cost you more than the service from a professional in the area, don’t hesitate to reach out to a professional plumber when needed. Proper care of your kitchen drains will help ensure a clean and hassle-free kitchen environment.
Contact Drainblaster Plumbing Service for top-quality drain cleaning services in Birmingham, Alabama. Our team of plumbers is dedicated to providing consistent and reliable service on all jobs, large or small. Don’t let clogged drains slow you down – give us a call today! So, next time your kitchen sink or dishwasher gets clogged, remember that Drainblaster Plumbing Service is here to help!